Black Hat USA is expected to attract more than 19,000 security professionals this year, from roughly 90 countries. According to data provided by the conference, 76% of attendees influence security solution selection at their organizations and 66% of attendees utilize the solutions themselves. With IBM’s global security presence, we have many activities planned at the event, so be sure to mark your calendar now.
While at the event, you can:
- Mingle with our X-Force Red hackers at our special Border Grill reception on August 7th. You’ll learn about the top threats facing global organizations and inherent weaknesses in their infrastructure that enable such threats to succeed. Click here to register for the reception and learn more.
- Attend Dimitry Snezhkov’s briefing sessions titled: “SSHoRTy: Linux/MacOS Armored SSH Implant Delivery with a Smile”on August 7th at 4:00 p.m. and “Zombie Ant Farming: Practical Tips for Playing Hide and Seek with Linux EDRS” on August 8th at 12:10 p.m.
- Visit IBM Security Lounge #2104, where you can grab a beverage and find out more about our X-Force, QRadar, Guardium, Resilient and i2 solutions.
If you’re planning to stay for DEF CON 27©, which takes place just after Black Hat USA, then mark your calendars to attend the following:
- IBM X-Force Red Global Strategy Lead Cris Thomas’(Space Rogue’s) participation in the simulated crisis management discussion, “Hacking Congress: The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend.” United States Congressman James Langevin (D-RI), United States Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA) and former Congresswoman Jane Harman (D-CA) are also scheduled to participate in the panel discussion, on August 9th at 10:00 a.m. in Track #2.
- Benjamin Lafois’ and Vladan Nikolic’s session titled, “Another Car Hacking Approach” on August 9th at 11.00 a.m., in Track #1 at the Def Con Hardware Hacking Village.
- JC Vega’s session titled, “How to Level Up: Experiential Learning through Gamification” on August 9th at 11:45 a.m. in the DEF CON Biohacking Village.
- Daniel Crowley’s and Daniel Pagan’s DEF CON demonstration titled, “Practical Key Search Attacks Against Modern Symmetric Ciphers” on August 9th at 2:00 p.m. in Track #4.
- Dimitry Snezhkov’s demo of his popular “Zombie Ant Farm: Practical Tips for Playing Hide and Seek with Linux EDRs” topic on August 10th at 12:00 Noon in Track #4.