Cyber Beat Live: Searching for Intelligence – Understanding a Different Dimension of Security
In recent years, both public and private organizations are seemingly caught in an endless struggle with hackers. There is no shortage of media reports explaining how a small ragtag group of malicious actors were able to circumvent millions of dollars in cybersecurity. From this chaos we have seen an interesting solution emerge: companies using intelligence community people, process and technology to take on the threat.
Join us to dive deeply into the intelligence-led security trend with our special guests Mark D. Young, Senior Vice President at IronNet Cybersecurity and Mike McCracken, Senior Intelligence Analyst and Solution Architect at IBM Security. Join our Cyber Beat Live on April 25, at 12 PM EST!
- Explain the basic methodology of Intelligence (e.g. Intel Cycle) and how it applies to cyber security.
- How do you see the market evolving in “intelligence”? What is the difference between Threat Intelligence, Cyber Analysis, and Threat hunting?
- What kind of specific skills sets is the private sector looking for when recruiting people with intelligence community experience?
- How are intelligence analyst questions different than a security analyst? (e.g. what is an unknown, unknown).
- How can technology be configured to enable an intelligence-cyber analyst to answer these questions versus just security technology?
- What should be the ultimate goal of all these intelligence pieces — people, process and technology?
Join us to dive deeply into the intelligence-led security trend with our special guests Mark D. Young and Mike McCracken.
Mark D. Young
Senior Vice President
Senior Intelligence Analyst and Solution Architect
Senior Product Manager, i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis