No matter how secure you think your organization is, determined attackers will find a way in. What’s worse is, once they are in, they often go undetected for weeks – or even months. So how can you identify and disrupt these unknown attackers and threats? Cyber threat hunting. Cyber threat hunting is a new practice many mature organizations are now folding into their security strategy. It takes advantage of all available data sources – both internal and external – to generate a comprehensive understanding of your threat landscape while developing actionable intelligence about how to counter or mitigate these threats.
Tune in to our next Cyber Beat episode to learn more about cyber threat hunting, and how your organization can start proactively identifying your unknown cyber threats.
- Isn’t cyber threat hunting what a SIEM does? What other tools do you need?
- Is cyber threat hunting a realistic practice with the IOT?
- Where/how can you train a team to conduct cyber threat hunting or find people who know how to do it?
- How long does it take to get a team trained and ready to conduct cyber threat hunting?
- Is there an example of an organization who successfully used cyber threat hunting to disrupt an attack?
Proactively identify your unknown cyberthreats