The Life and Times of Ransomware: Before, During & After
With new threats identified daily, Ransomware is a growing type of malicious malware that blocks you from your computing system and/or data until some amount money (a “ransom”) is paid. How?
- These cyberattacks strategically target exposed endpoints with known vulnerabilities that are used to deny access or encrypt data. Per Gartner, through the year 2020, 99 percent of vulnerabilities exploited will continue to be ones known by security and IT professionals for at least one year.
- The costs are high. According to CSO Online, global ransomware damage costs are predicted to grow from $5B in 2017 to $11.5B by 2019.
- Even worse, the number of attacks is growing with some estimates predicting that businesses will be hit by ransomware attacks every 14 seconds by the end of 2019.
With new threats identified daily, companies are struggling to prioritize and fix vulnerabilities they know exist. This webinar will outline several tips and tricks you can use to stay ahead of the curve and protect your endpoints from ransomware.
Attend this webinar and learn:
- Best practices to protect your endpoints before, during, and after a ransomware attack
- Steps you can take to improve endpoint management and security and
- Why endpoint management is critical to your overall security strategy
Worldwide Portfolio Marketing Manager for Endpoint Security
IBM Global Business Unit Executive - Endpoint Security