Not one, not two, but six of the most recent analyst reports evaluating the major Identity and Access Management-as-a-Service (IDaaS) vendors positioned IBM Cloud Identity Service as an overall market leader in cloud-based identity and access management (IAM). The market is crowded with both startups and large IDaaS vendors, making this is a big win for IBM Security.
“We are very pleased to receive the outside recognition of Cloud Identity Service by independent analysts,” said Eric Maass, director of IAM Cloud Services Strategy at IBM. “IBM’s clients are using this fully cloud-based solution as the centerpiece of their entire IAM program and building long-term road maps for their IAM strategy around Cloud Identity Service.”
But don’t just take our word for it.
IBM Distinguished Among IDaaS Vendors
IBM Cloud Identity Service’s market leadership ranking among IDaaS vendors is due to independent analysis of its breadth and depth of IAM capabilities, which goes well beyond the standard IDaaS feature set. The global reach and broad industry penetration of Cloud Identity Service, as well as its ability to meet both internal workforce and external consumer use cases, makes it ideally suited to serve as an organization’s strategic IAM platform.
IBM Cloud Identity Service is positioned as a market leader in the following recent IDaaS analyst reports:
- “Critical Capabilities for Identity and Access Management as a Service, Worldwide,” published on Sept. 29, 2016 (ID: G00299338; Analysts: Neil Wynne, Gregg Kreizman).
- “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) Solution, 2016–17,” published on Dec. 7, 2016 (Product code: IT0022-000836; Analyst: Andrew Kellett).
- “Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide,” published on June 7, 2017 (ID: G00315479; Analysts: Gregg Kreizman, Anmol Singh).
- “Leadership Compass: CIAM Platforms,” published on June 9, 2017 (No. 70305; Analyst: John Tolbert).
- “Leadership Compass: Identity as a Service: Single Sign-On to the Cloud (IDaaS SSO),” published on June 30, 2017 (No. 71141; Analyst: Martin Kuppinger).
- “Leadership Compass: Identity as a Service: Cloud-Based Provisioning, Access Governance and Federation (IDaaS B2E),” published on July 4, 2017 (No. 70319; Analyst: Martin Kuppinger).
To learn more about why Cloud Identity Service is pulling ahead of IDaaS vendors as a market leader, scan this IDaaS Market Leader infographic.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.