Data Risk Management in 2018: What to Look for and How to Prepare
In 2017, we saw a number of epic failures in both large and small organizations’ ability to protect sensitive, mission-critical data. From failure to patch critical vulnerabilities in a timely manner to a lack of visibility or awareness of who is doing what with the organization’s crown jewels, the big breach headlines brought increased scrutiny on security and risk management practices from boards of directors.
If you’re looking to bring greater awareness to data risk management practices within your organization and among your C-suite, don’t miss this podcast. It is moderated by Paula Musich, Research Director at Enterprise Management Associates, and features Dan Goodes, Worldwide Technical Sales Leader for Information Risk and Protection at IBM Security, and Nev Zunic, IBM Distinguished Engineer and Global Data Security Leader at IBM Security.
Listen now to learn:
- What are the top questions CISOs and IT security managers are getting from the C-suite, and especially from the board?
- Are regulations, including GDPR, bringing a greater focus to data risk management practices?
- As a security practitioner, how do you convey a business-centric view of cyber risk?
- What questions should executives and board members be asking about their organization’s cybersecurity posture?
- Where should accountability reside for the security failures? At the end of the day, who’s responsible?
To learn even more about data risk management, read Paula’s three-part blog series, “What Data Risk Management Means for the Enterprise in 2018.”