Initial Insights on WannaCry from Caleb Barlow and Kevin Albano
If you’re looking for information on the WannaCry/WanaCrypt0r 2.0 ransomware attack, you’ll want to listen to this podcast.
On Friday, May 12, in the midst of what would become the biggest ever global ransomware attack, Caleb Barlow, Vice President of Threat Intelligence at IBM Security, and Kevin Albano, IBM X-Force IRIS Global Lead for Threat Intelligence, shared their insights on the emerging situation and offered recommendations for organizations that may be impacted.
SecurityIntelligence.com will be continually updated with the latest news and developments, and we invite you to take advantage of the following resources:
- Learn more about the technical details of the WannaCry attack by visiting the IBM X-Force Exchange;
- Download the Ransomware Response Guide from IBM Incident Response Services;
- Register for the four-part webinars series, “Orchestrate Your Security Defenses to Avoid Ransomware Attacks;”
- Read the detailed blog post, “WannaCry Ransomware Spreads Across the Globe, Makes Organizations Wanna Cry About Microsoft Vulnerability;”
- Contact the IBM X-Force Incident Response Hotline: USA +1-888-241-9812, Global +1-312-212-8034