Skeptics, however, argue that grid operators are not as prepared as they claim and need to do more.
So how do we ensure that our power grids are secure? In this podcast, host Bob Stasio, Senior Product Manager for i2 Intelligence at IBM, discusses this important question with industry experts Dan Lohrmann, Chief Strategist and Chief Security Officer at Security Mentor, Inc., Morgan Wright, Cyberterrorism and Cybercrime Analyst at Morgan Wright LLC, and Steven Collier, Director of Smart Grid Strategies at Milsoft Utility Solutions.
Listen now to discover:
- What emerging technologies and factors make power grid security such a priority today?
- What are some of the challenges utilities face when trying to secure the power grid and how can they overcome them?
- As utilities incorporate sensors and data from outside their private supervisory control, how do they manage the trust factor?
- How to best incorporate cybersecurity concerns into the overall security plan for energy and utility companies?
- What is the role of government in helping to secure our power grids?
Read the blog on the Shamoon malware attacks that is discussed during the podcast.