It feels good to announce that IBM continues to be a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM), according to the latest research in the The Forrester Wave. For those following along at home, that’s two years in a row! This evaluation from one of the preeminent market research firms places IBM with the highest scores in current offering, strategy and market presence.
The Wave is more than just a vendor and product ranking; it’s insight into what Forrester sees for the secure and productive use of smartphones and tablets, and where it believes the market is going in 2016 and beyond.
About The Forrester Wave for EMM
Forrester looked at the 11 most significant EMM vendors and weighed them across 25 different criteria, including:
- Product Capabilities: Implementation and operation, PC/Mac management, mobile device management, containerization, app security, data management and security and secure productivity apps.
- Strategy: Workforce technology vision, road map aggressiveness, supporting products and services and user experience.
- Market Presence: Customer count, installed base and global presence.
Words of Mobile Wisdom for The Forrester Wave
I took the liberty to extract four noteworthy quotes encapsulating the ways in which mobile has captured the enterprise, along with the considerations for keeping data safe and easy to access:
- On EMM’s role in mobilizing the workforce: “Mobility is front and center for companies as they look to transform the way employees do their jobs by giving them tools that fit the context of the work they do.”
- On discussing EMM being the model for both PC and mobile device management, Forrester stated: “EMM solutions are evolving to streamline management and security for all the tools employees use and bring a consistent experience.”
- Regarding the leading vendors: “These vendors demonstrated market-leading strategies and offerings across mobile and PC management, threat management and workforce productivity.”
- On vendor differentiation: “Vendors that can provide a combination of data, app and united device management position themselves to successfully deliver a productivity and security solution to drive workforce enablement for their customers.”
IBM Is Uniquely Positioned as EMM Solutions Incorporate Security
As businesses continue to find new and innovative ways to use mobile devices, security becomes a limiting factor. CIOs and CISOs are no longer ignoring the risks associated with mobile corporate data and the state of mobile app insecurity. That means EMM solutions need to provide even greater trust by delivering the right security for the way people work.
IBM is doing just that, and it shows. Forrester pointed out that the IBM MaaS360 (previously MobileFirst Protect) “product allows customers to easily add modules with appropriate functionality as they need them.”
IBM’s approach ensures that customers can add mobile security and end user productivity options when needed. Some examples include malware protection, identity and access management, advanced security intelligence and secure document sharing. IBM MaaS360 is easy to try, easy to buy and easy to expand as use cases innovate. It is also a great solution to deploy when IT staff is looking to consolidate multiple existing solutions. With thousands of customers deployed and the confidence that IBM will deliver, it’s likely the right EMM solution for you.
Read the Report
Forrester’s report covers:
- The top 11 vendors ranked and scored;
- Key feature and functionality differentiators; and
- Why IBM MaaS360 received the highest scores.