Can you believe that the “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” advertising campaign will turn 13 years old this year? After more than a decade as one of the most popular ad campaigns of all time, the catchphrase was simplified to “What Happens Here, Stays Here,” prompting a series of extremely memorable commercials.
What Happens in Vegas Can Be Applied to Your Application Security Testing Program
Sure, you’ll want to have fun in the warm, sunny Vegas weather and hopefully see Sir Elton John in concert. The music legend’s tribute to the late Diana, Princess of Wales, “Candle in the Wind 1997,” is the second best-selling single of all time, surpassed only by Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas,” which was released 55 years earlier — so his concert is a must-see.
But whether you perform your application security activities in Las Vegas, Nevada; Las Vegas, New Mexico; or another global location, you’ll also want to take our knowledge home with you and put it into practice at your office.
Application Security Risk Management and Best Practices Sessions
In our convenient Session Preview Tool, you’ll find a complete overview of our planned Application and Data Protection sessions at IBM InterConnect 2016.
Selected highlights of our application security sessions include:
- A global networking equipment provider and a North American regional bank will share how they implemented a strategic risk management approach to application security (SAD-4672).
- A global power and automation technology provider will discuss how it protects its crown jewels with application security technology (SAD-7261).
- A global financial services provider will review the lessons learned during implementation of a secure application development framework (SAD-6440).
- A travel and expense reporting provider will share its best practices for application security protection (SAD-5524).
- A major e-commerce company will review how it saved time and money by investing in automated application security testing (SAD-1194)
- After a standing room-only session at InterConnect 2015, IBM Security partner Arxan Technologies will update its “Think Like a Hacker” series to focus on today’s most pervasive mobile application threats ( SAD-2706).
There will also be sessions on improving the effectiveness of your application security testing program. These include:
- An international financial services organization will share its experience in implementing static application security testing (SAST) technology (SAD-4864).
- The Application Security team from a major European bank will review how it manages application source code vulnerabilities in a continuous integration environment (SAD-4026).
- A leading business analytics software and services provider will review the best practices for complex Web-based application security testing and customized dashboarding (SAD-1755).
But Wait, There’s More!
In addition to the sessions above, we plan to demonstrate IBM’s Application Security on Cloud solution at the IBM Security booth. You should also plan to attend our Keynote presentation “Security at the Speed of Cloud,” Application Security Expo sessions and our sessions in the companion [email protected] track.
What Should You Do Next?
If you’re already registered for InterConnect, use the Session Preview Tool to add these important sessions to your personalized event agenda.
If you’re not registered for the event, you can register here. Remember to visit IBM Security at booth No. 314 in the Solutions Expo center.
To Learn Even More
If you find the topic of application security risk management of particular interest, register for our March 9 webinar with the Ponemon Institute, titled “Ponemon Institute’s Key Findings from 2016 Application Security Risk Management Study.” In the session, Larry Ponemon and I will review the results of a major new application security risk management study. It promises to be an engaging session.