No matter where your organization is in its identity and access management (IAM) journey, you likely need help planning for its future. Managing priorities across the enterprise, overcoming challenges, cementing the fundamentals and preparing for the new digital age — these are all common issues that security leaders and IAM stakeholders must overcome to ensure the success of their program, regardless of how mature it is.

Learning about solutions to these problems can be difficult, especially when trying to balance the troubles of today with the potential technology of tomorrow. That’s where the upcoming Gartner IAM Summit comes in.

What You Need to Know About the 2017 Gartner IAM Summit

The Gartner IAM Summit in 2017 will be held from Nov. 28 to 30 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Its agenda has been recently updated and is packed full of exciting sessions, fun networking experiences and valuable learning events for security professionals.

If you’ve ever been to a Gartner IAM Summit before, you know it can be tough to schedule time to attend all the sessions and visit the most informative booths. To help you plan your trip, here are a few of the things not to miss this year.

Free Conference Survival Kit

When you’re at the Gartner IAM Summit, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn, grow your career and pick up free swag. Organize all of your notes, new contact info and even devices in an IAM conference survival kit. A limited number of kits are available, so hurry to the IBM Security booth to get yours!

Must-Attend Solution Provider Session

Join a lively discussion with IAM leaders on Tuesday, Nov. 28 from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. in the Palace Ballroom III.

“Make the LOB Happy With IAM? No Pressure!”

Your company’s ability to leverage the latest technologies can boost productivity and business agility, as well as offer a delightful experience for your customers. But making it happen places a lot of pressure on your IAM program. Learn how you can deliver frictionless access for your users: Risk-based analysis allows you to couple security with convenience, a design-thinking approach can help you deliver an intuitive user experience by putting the focus on what matters to users and a DevOps mentality helps speed up your development teams’ time to market with cloud-ready ISAM Docker deployments.

Lunch and Learn

Avoid the lunch lines and grab your spot in an exciting lunch-and-learn session on Tuesday, Nov. 28 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the Emperor’s Ballroom.

“Invisible Security for the 99 Percent”

Your IAM program is one of the few security initiatives every single one of your users must touch. Yet it works best when they don’t even know it’s there. Learn how to tune your approach to focus on the 1 percent who exhibit suspicious behavior, using intelligence from security analytics systems and user behavior analytics (UBA) to remain in the background, only intervening when absolutely necessary. For the other 99 percent of users, make all IAM tasks automated and business-consumable by leveraging an integrated mobile application and cognitive-assist capabilities.

Complimentary Consultations With IBM Identity and Access Management Services

If you’re at the Gartner IAM Summit, don’t miss the chance to get a complimentary 30-minute consultation with security consultants in one of IBM’s private meeting rooms. The consultants are experts in design thinking, insider threat protection services, and agile design and delivery. Drop by the IBM Security booth to make an appointment.

Live Demos of IBM’s IAM Solutions

The IBM Security booth at the Gartner IAM Summit has been transformed this year into a mini demo theater. Grab a seat as we present back-to-back live presentations and demonstrations of IBM’s market-leading IAM offerings. Demonstrations will be shared during expo hall hours:

  • Tuesday, Nov. 28: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
  • Wednesday, Nov. 29: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Get the Latest Insights From Gartner

Can’t make it Las Vegas? You can still learn more about top IDaaS vendors and products with the help of Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Access Management.” Gartner’s analysis of IDaaS offerings can help organizations narrow their search to cloud IAM solutions that offer the breadth and depth of services they need.

Get the Complimentary Gartner Report

more from Identity & Access